Georgian College – Advertising and Marketing Communications Program
Listed in Education & Books
- Georgian College, 1 Georgian Drive, Barrie, ON L4M 3X9, Canada
- 705-728-1968 ext. 1490
Advertising and Marketing Communication Program in Barrie, Ontario
This program is designed to provide training in the theoretical and practical aspects of modern marketing communications. Graduates will be able to perform advertising/communications functions using a variety of media techniques.
Graduates may find employment in the advertising or marketing departments of retail, distribution, public relations, computers, and/or manufacturing in creating and placing advertising and promotion materials; may engage in the sale of advertising space or time on behalf of a print or electronic medium; or may enter the advertising agency field, in a creative, research, production or contact role.
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- ~ identify, and respond to, clients’ advertising and marketing communications objectives by applying marketing and communications principals;
- ~ perform a market segmentation analysis to identify the organization’s target market/audience and define the consumer behavior of each segment; develop an advertising and marketing communications plan and present and defend it persuasively;
- ~ contribute to evaluating the effectiveness of an advertising and marketing communications initiative;
- ~ collaborate in the development of advertising and marketing communications material in compliance with current Canadian legislation, industry standards and business practices;
- ~ participate in the development of creative solutions to address advertising and marketing communications challenges;
- ~ contribute to planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating projects by applying project management principles;
- ~ complete all work in a professional, ethical and timely manner.
To learn more about the Advertising and Marketing Communications program contact Georgian College today!